Please be advised that depending on your insurance coverage and the hospital’s arrangement with your carrier, in addition to the hospital bill for the use of the facility, equipment, technical personnel and other facility costs, there may be separate bills generated for the professional or physician services, including for Anesthesiologists, Radiologists, Cardiologists, Pathologists, Physician Assistants and certain other Physician Services, including Emergency Room, Psychiatry and Wound Care/Hyperbaric. Should you receive such a bill and have any questions or concerns, please contact the appropriate party here.
As a patient, you are responsible for:
- Providing billing and insurance information that, to the best of your knowledge, is complete and accurate.
- Contacting your insurance company before receiving services when precertification or prior authorization is required by your insurance company.
- Contacting your insurance company when notification of emergency treatment or hospitalization is required.
- Paying deductibles and copays at the time of service.
- Paying your account promptly or contacting us when payment is a concern.
Please contact our Patient Financial Services Department at 631.654.7130 or 631.654.7140 to discuss payment options. Under LI Community Hospital’s Charity Care Program, those underinsured and uninsured patients who meet certain criteria may be eligible for free care or care at reduced rates. For eligibility details, please see our Financial Assistance page or apply for Charity Care now.
In addition, installment payment plans are available for those who qualify.
Many insurance companies have a copay, deductible and/or co-insurance amount. In addition, certain charges may not be covered under your insurance plan. To confirm your responsibility under your insurance policy, please contact your insurance carrier and refer to the explanation of benefits they have provided.