Thank you for filling in the form. Click on the button to download the CMS DRG Listing
Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy
Our team offers individualized care in a supportive and comfortable atmosphere through a team of physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and speech and language pathologists, who take a personal interest in your well-being.
In a highly supportive environment, we adapt our services to meet the individual, ever-evolving needs of each patient while providing quality of care and maintaining patient safety. We strive to see our patients back to their optimum levels.
Physical therapy services are available to patients who may display functional limitations due to prolonged illness, surgical intervention and hospitalization. It entails the evaluation and treatment of patients with acute neuromuscular, musculoskeletal disabilities and post-surgical patients. All evaluations and services are performed by New York State licensed physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
We provide ongoing education to patients and their families regarding disease process and exercise plans. We also provide ongoing assessments of each individual’s disability and rehabilitation potential. Recommendations for other appropriate services are all under the direction of a physician’s order.
Our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department:
- performs an Initial assessment within 24 hours of a physician’s request.
- has extensive training in therapeutic interventions for orthopaedic, stroke, and surgical patients.
- specializes in Baclofen trials and the rehabilitation needed after Baclofen pump insertions.
- attends continuing education seminars to remain current with new technologies.
- features a staff of licensed and certified professionals.
- serves as a training center for students from affiliated universities and colleges.
Long Island Community Hospital’s Department of Rehabilitation is open:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call 631.654.7178.
- For information regarding physical therapy, visit the American Physical Therapy Association’s website.
- Find out more about Long Island Community Hospital’s Designated Stroke Center and our rehabilitative services.
Long Island Community Hospital’s Speech-Language Pathology team provides evaluation and treatment for hospital patients who are experiencing oral motor, swallowing, speech, language, cognitive or voice disorders due to illness, injury or stroke.
All services are provided by New York State licensed and American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) certified speech-language pathologists who specialize in the evaluation and treatment of dysphagia (swallowing disorders).
These specialists provide hospital patients and outpatients with an objective assessment of their swallow function using video fluoroscopic studies (modified barium swallows).
The Speech-Language Pathology Department is open:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
For more information or to schedule an Outpatient Modified Barium Swallow, please call 631.654.7448.
For information regarding speech, language and swallowing, go to American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s website.
Find out more about Long Island Community Hospital’s Stroke Center and our rehabilitative services.