Deepu Alexander , MD
Travis Bench , MD
Seth Bender , MD
Natalia Beridze , MD
Richard H Dyckman , MD
Joseph J. Franco , DO
Anthony Gambino , MD
Kanwar Gill, MD
Satheesh Joseph , MD
Nagorao V. Karhade , MD
Shahriar J. Khalili , MD
Waqas Khan , MD
Anastasios Manaris, MD
Vito Mercurio , MD
Sameer Parekh , MD
Bimel Patel, MD
Dhaval Patel , MD
Bhargava Pulipati , MD
Dimple Pulipati , MD
Soma N. Pulipati , MD
Richard Schwartz , DO
James N. Semertzides , MD
Raja Varma , MD
Our Cardiac Care Services
The Knapp Cardiac Care Center at Long Island Community Hospital brings the finest in comprehensive cardiac diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to this community.
Affiliated with the NYU Winthrop-University Hospital, this partnership brings Winthrop’s renowned cardiac team right here to our Center and enables the Hospital to deliver the most advanced expertise to patients with cardiovascular disease.
The Knapp Cardiac Care Center provides a full range of high-quality cardiac diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation services for patients with such heart problems as:
- Coronary artery disease with plaques and clots increasing the heart attack risk.
- Heart valve disease causing narrow or leaky or diseased valves.
- Heart muscle weakness.
- Infections that can affect the heart or the heart valves.
- Blood clots that form inside the heart chamber increasing the risk of stroke.
Patients benefit from the latest in comprehensive cardiac care, right here in the community, through Brookhaven’s:
- State-of-the-art Interventional Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Cardiac catheterization is a medical procedure used to diagnose and treat some heart conditions. It is an essential tool that will provide expert emergent care to patients who may be experiencing a heart attack or other cardiac issues. It enables Long Island Community Hospital cardiologists to visualize and assess the condition of the coronary arteries, and it provides necessary information for treating blockages with medication, balloon angioplasty or stent placement.
- Noninvasive Cardiology Services. Our cardiac patients receive high-quality care in our Laboratory. The Hospital uses leading-edge technology to diagnose and monitor patients with heart disease and associated abnormalities with testing such as Echocardiograms, Stress Tests,,Multi-Gated Acquisition (MUGA), Myocardial Perfusion Imaging and Transesophageal Echocardiograms.
- Electrophysiology Services, involves the insertion of an electrode catheter in to the heart to diagnose or treat a heart rhythm abnormality. These include cardiac defibrillator implantation, permanent pacemaker implantation, cardioversion and loop recorder implantation.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. Combining exercise with patient education, our program is designed to facilitate the return to an active lifestyle for patients recovering from a heart attack, coronary bypass surgery or angioplasty, and to improve the quality of life for those who suffer from exertional angina.
Find expert cardiac care, right here in this community. For more information, please consult your physician or call the Hospital at 631.654.7243