Long Island Community Hospital Wound Care Center
Typically, a wound that does not respond to standard medical care is considered a problem or chronic wound. Many of these wounds are associated with inadequate circulation, immobility and diabetes. When wounds persist, a specialized approach is required for healing. This is where the specialists at LI Community Hospital Wound Care Center can help.
People with nonhealing and chronic wounds now have a place to turn for advanced treatments available including:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Growth factors
- Bioengineered tissues
- Negative pressure wound therapy (Wound V.A.C.)
- Biologic dressings
- Active topicals
- Total contact casting
92% of the patients treated at the Long Island Community Hospital Wound Care Center healed within 25 days.
Our state-of-the-art outpatient facility is complemented by a highly trained wound-certified staff of medical professionals who use a team approach to patient care:
- We work closely with specialists in infectious disease management, laboratory evaluation, nutritional services, diabetic education and radiology testing to ensure a compete approach to healing.
- Our team of skilled nurses and experienced hyperbaric technicians are under the medical direction of physicians specialty-trained in surgery, podiatry, wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
- Each team member has undergone extensive training in wound care, HBOT and chamber operations. The team is committed to the best clinical practice in wound care.
- Equally important to our training and expertise is our commitment to providing compassionate care and support to every one of our patients.
- During treatment, patients will remain in the care of their primary physicians, who will be kept informed of the plan of care provided through our program.
- Additionally, we coordinate referrals to specialists in vascular, plastic, bariatric surgery, general surgery and infectious disease.
We can help heal your wound. For your convenience we are now in two locations: To make an appointment with a wound care specialist, call our Hauppauge location at 631.227.6650 or the Patchogue location at 631.687.4190.
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
300 Kennedy Drive
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
33 Medford Avenue, Suite D
Patchogue, NY 11772
Office Hours: Monday through Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.